is a simple HTML editor and FTP uploader that can be used to build and maintain a website. It's ideal for those new to website building who want a tool that's easy to learn, yet powerful enough to do the whole job.
SiteKite has all the essential features, including:
- Built-in editing and preview.
- An outline view of local files for the site.
- FTP upload of just the changed files.
- Find and replace, spell checking, and other standard editing features.
- Settable editing font.
- Automatic saving. No need to ever click the Save button.
- Presets for multiple FTP sites.
- Creating and renaming of files and folders.
- Optional preview using the local Web server, so PHP and other server-side languages can be previewed.
- Markdown support.
SiteKite is somewhat inspired by the outline+editor approach widely used in editors like BBEdit and XCode, combined with built-in FTP and Web preview, like BBEdit, FrontPage, and many other other website builders.