CalReader is a calendar tool for reading event text, filtering the events by date range, calendars, and search text, and exporting text listings of events. CalReader features time analysis and calculates an invoice billing amount for a given filter setup, total hours and rate per hour. Calendars can be used to log a variety of details on work/home projects. CalReader integrates CalDAV calendars including MobileMe, Google and Yahoo, and provides a unique tool for journals, diaries and event logs. Choose your favorite font and size for maximum readability. CalReader's unique flexibility makes for easy browsing/reading of one's history or future plans. CalReader's main events listing view displays ALL of the text of an event in an easy to read scrolling sequence, making it easy to READ your events.
* Copy the filtered calendar text, with or without calculations, and then paste the text to other types of applications, or tap E-Mail Text to deliver the calendar text via e-mail.
* E-mail CSV (Comma-Separated Values) or TSV (Tab-Separated Values) event listing files as attachments.
* Choose a date range to filter the visible events and to calculate hours and produce time logs.
* The Calculations view displays the total hours for the filtered event set and calculates the total amount using your rate per hour, useful for invoices / billing. Calculations also displays the average, minimum and maximum duration for the current set of events.
* Customize the font and size of the calendar text for best readability: large text is easy on the eyes, or small text for high density information.
* Use pinch touch gestures to instantly change the size of the text.
* Easily choose a single calendar, multiple calendars or all of your iCal calendars for viewing.
* Search selected calendars for text, keywords or phrases.
* Choose from various view styles using calendar colors, or no colors.
* Choose to view all text of each item, or limit the number of lines (1-5) for a quick overview.
* The search function can be used to search for times or dates. For example, find all events in the date range that start at "9:00 AM", or events on the date "11/4/10".
* CalReader automatically remembers your filter and view preferences between sessions so you return to the same views you last used.
* Support for all device orientations, portrait and landscape.
The filter settings of CalReader are quite useful and let you see complete listings of events that match a date range, calendar set, and a text phrase, and you can easily read all of the text in the filtered set of events.
You can choose to see all of the event text for all displayed events in the list, or truncated text and more items per screen.
What's new in CalReader
Calculations now include average, minimum and maximum duration of events in the filtered listing.
E-mail CSV (Comma-Separated Values) or TSV (Tab-Separated Values) files as attachments.
Tap the new Done button for direct return to the main CalReader view after performing functions or settings changes.
Event listings now include the duration for each event.
The export text generated by the Copy Text With Calculations command now includes a header with the current calendar names, date range and optional search text.
Events close to the current time are highlighted in the listing view with a gradient of orange displayed along the right edge, most intense for events close to the current time, fading off for events within 24 hours before and after the current time.
Added the short version of the weekday to the date in the main CalReader event listing view.
The Update Notification Sound has been disabled.
The List view displays the list of Participants associated with any event, including information about each participant's Role, Status and Type.
The Role will be one of: unknown, required, optional, chair, or non-participant.
The Status will be one of: unknown, pending, accepted, declined, tentative, delegated, completed, or in process.
The Type will be one of: unknown, person, room, resource, or group.
CalReader does not let the user create or edit participants. Parcipants can be added to an event in iCal by clicking the Add Invitees link in the event editing view.
The related app, Perspectiva, has a superset of CalReaders features.
Join over 500,000 subscribers.
Subscribe for our newsletter with best Mac offers from MacUpdate.
(0 Reviews of )
There are no reviews yet
Help the community
There are no reviews yet, be the first to leave one