This release increases compatibility with macOS Catalina. We have added support for the native file format of the popular Nisus Writer application. Indexing HTML and Finder comments are more reliable and autocompletion suggestions of search terms now appear more quickly in the search field. In addition to overall performance and reliability being improved, we have also fixed some bugs when using the proximity operators in searches.
NOTE: Starting with version 1.9.4, DEVONsphere Express requires macOS El Capitan or later.
- Add support for indexing and searching .zrtf documents created by Nisus Writer.
- Displayed sizes are now based on 1,000 instead of 1,024. This is similar to sizes reported in the Finder and other applications.
- Improved speed of autocompletion suggestions in the search field.
- Improved performance when traversing the filesystem using excluding folders in Preferences > Locations.
- Improved indexing of Finder comments.
- Improved parsing and indexing HTML content.
- Replaced Buy button in the License dialog with Your Account.
- Updated the Preferences > Categories > DEVONthink icon to the new icon for DEVONthink 3.
- Improved overall performance and reliability.
- Fixed issues with proximity operators, e.g., BEFORE, including the negated forms using NOT.
- Fixed an issue where indexing .emlx files no longer worked, caused by Apple's newer Spotlight plugins.
- Fixed an issue where the application licensing could fail on some machines, e.g., ones with a replaced logic board.
- Fixed an issue where the Hide Web Search command didn't work.
- Fixed an issue where the Safari history was no longer working (macOS Sierra or later).
- Fixed an issue where the Support Assistant caused a memory leak.