Galaxy On Fire 2 is an epic, award-winning saga that set the standard for sci-fi on the App Store now blazes onto the Mac in Galaxy on Fire 2. Experience a rich, compelling outer space adventure of unprecedented depth that will set your Mac on fire.
A hyperdrive malfunction sends intergalactic adventurer and war hero Keith T. Maxwell tumbling through space and time. Awakening 35 years later at the far end of the galaxy, he quickly finds himself fighting for his life against a mysterious alien armada that is wreaking havoc on the warring races occupying this volatile sector of space.
With fully redesigned controls that take advantage of mouse, keyboard and gamepads, Galaxy on Fire 2 turns your Mac into the unrivalled, powerhouse HD gaming machine it was always meant to be.
Follow the rich and engrossing storyline through a fully 3D, war-torn galaxy with over 10 hours of action-packed gameplay, or head off on an interplanetary journey of your own design: mining asteroids, trading ore and supplies, taking on mercenary missions, working as a pirate and manufacturing new weapons and equipment as you seek adventure and excitement on the final frontier.
- A vast, living galaxy with over 20 solar systems and dozens of beautifully rendered planets
- 100 unique 3D space stations and more than 30 customizable spaceships
- Unique reputation and diplomacy experience systems
- Choose between story-driven, mission-based and sandbox gameplay
- Complex trading system with over 170 different commodities
- High quality visuals and music with 3D sound and full voice acting in English.
- Action Freeze: 3D screenshot tool to save screenshots from any perspective
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD features:
- Optimized to take full advantage of the rendering power of current generation Mac computers
- Fully adapted controls for mouse, keyboard and gamepads
- All 3D models rebuilt from scratch for console-quality visuals, featuring four-times the original resolution and even more textures on all jump gates and asteroids
- Individual texture sets for all 30 spaceships including diffuse, normal, and specular maps in an HD 2048 by 2048 pixel resolution
- Enhanced background images and resolution on space environments and planets for a crystal-clear experience on large HD screens
- Additional light sources for atmosphere and breathtaking realism
- Additional OpenGL shaders and post effects as well as heavily revised explosion, engine flare and muzzle flash special effects
- Native support for full 1920 by 1080 pixel resolution, more commonly known as Full HD or 1080p