TS870RC is for radio amateurs and ham radio.
I am a fan of the Kenwood TS-870 ham radio transceiver. What I missed was a straight remote control app for OS X, so I started to develope one. Here it is, it covers some main functions:
- Serial data baudrate selectable between 9600 and 57600.
- Power button to switch TS-870 on/off by the software.
- OSX speech synthesis voice feedback.
- Simple quick note "logbook" in csv/ssv format.
- Amateur radio band selector.
- Frequency control.
- Mode selector.
- Receiver bandwidth selector.
- Antenna and more...
- Menu items to open integrated amateur-prefixes and shortwave-broadcast lists using Textedit (.txt files).
- Broadcast list is a sample of engl. language BC, is stored in documents and can be changed or modified to your needs.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- USB-Serial converter necessary to connect TS-870 to the Mac