TS870RC is for radio amateurs and ham radio.
I am a fan of the Kenwood TS-870 ham radio transceiver. What I missed was a straight remote control app for OS X, so I started to develope one. Here it is, it covers some main functions:
- Serial data baudrate selectable between 9600 and 57600.
- Power button to switch TS-870 on/off by the software.
- OS X speech synthesis voice feedback.
- Localized UTC clock.
- Simple localized quick note "Logbook" in csv/ssv format.
- Amateur radio band selector.
- Frequency control.
- Mode selector.
- 40m band sets to 7100 kHz.
- New broadcast menu, direct jump to shortwave bc bands.
- Associated files moved from documents to app folder.
- Wheel support. Can load (menu triggered) or autoload wheel shuttle or other software
- Some shortcuts changed.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- USB-serial converter necessary to connect TS-870 to the Mac