Developer website: ipSoft Ltd.
Salt is a new kind of Web builder that speeds up production of webpages. Salt splits webpages into text content and interface. A single Salt file holds the texts content of a whole website, the interface part comes from html template files on disk. Because of this split it is quite easy to change a whole website interface design with Salt in just a few minutes. The template system used in Salt is very different from iWeb, Rapidweaver, etc, in the way that it only comes into play when webpages are exported. Salt is not a design tool of Web page interface, rather it uses pre designed pages and builds on them. Salt main feature Feature summary Salt is a self-contained database. Automatic menu creation. Automatic xml site map creation. CSS support. Keyword driven page creation / create pages from a list of topics. Automated linking of text content in different html files. Open-ended template system. Export from any tree-node to a new Salt file. Import to any tree-node from a Salt file. Supports all languages in UTF-8. Filenames are optimized for search engines.
- Added Toolbar with Save, Print, Inspector, Actions popup and Export.
- Added New Console view to Toolbar with better user feedback Revamped Preferences panel with ToolBar.
- Replaced icons in Salt Browser
- Added Drag option to text window, following options added:
- Image file: Copies file to project into images folder and links to file
- Image file with Command key pressed: Copy file and creates a img tag in text with it. 2. Html file: Copy file to project folder HTMLresources and links to it.
- Html file with Command key: Reads the content of file, removes all html and copy text to text view.
- pdf file: Copy file to project folder resources and links to it. 3.1 pdf file with Command key: Reads the content of file and copies text content to text view.
- Text file: Copy file to project folder resources and links to it. 4.1 Text file with Command key: Reads the content of file and copies text content to text view.
- All other files: Copy file to project folder resources and links to it.
- URL link: Makes a HTML href link in text view.
- URL link with Command key: Loads and reads the file text, removes HTML and copies it to the text view
- General bug fixes.
Mac OS X 10.6 or later