Apple Snow Leopard Font Update
Apple Snow Leopard Font Update
1.0

5.0

Apple Snow Leopard Font Update free download for Mac

Apple Snow Leopard Font Update

1.0
28 April 2011

Fixes OpenType font issues in Mac OS X 10.6.7.

Overview

The Snow Leopard Font Update addresses issues displaying and printing certain OpenType fonts and is recommended for all Mac OS X v10.6.7 users.

For more information about this update, please visit this website.

Join over 500,000 subscribers.

Subscribe for our newsletter with best Mac offers from MacUpdate.

5 Apple Snow Leopard Font Update Reviews

Rate this app:

Glenn-Braid
28 April 2011

Most helpful

Works as expected. There was a month delay between the release of 10.6.7 and this update so one can only assume that problem was a little more complex than just a couple of lines of code.
Like (1)
Version 1.0
Igreg
28 April 2011
I applied the Combo update and still do not see this update in Software Update. Could it be that it will only appear if there is an application in your system that needs this update? If so, then it would not be necessary for the rest of us. So I am reluctant to download this separate update unless it appears in Software Update.
Like
Version 1.0
Hanspoot
28 April 2011
PRETTY QUICK ???@#!%%$!!! I've been selling Apple computers since 1987 and this flaw falls in the category of losing ethernet after a system update (somewhere in the nineties). My customers went wild for the last 4 weeks while totally depending on pdf workflows. Is nobody at Apple testing in the real world or just checking if Safari and Mail works? The fix of course is a 5 star but should never have been necessary to issue...
Like (1)
Version 1.0
5 answer(s)
Rubaiyat
Rubaiyat
28 April 2011
There have been a string of bad updates since OSX 10.6.1. Whilst I spend nearly everyday advising users to install only Combo updates, Apple has not warned one user of the problems. Posting belated fixes deep within Apple's support pages serves to protect Apple's shiny reputation but leaves its users in deep sh!t for as long as possible.
Like (1)
anonymous-swan-2390
anonymous-swan-2390
28 April 2011
Perhaps that will teach your customers to test new versions before upgrading? ;) (Or at least wait a month or so.)
Like (1)
Donmontalvo
Donmontalvo
28 April 2011
@Hanspoot, in fairness to your customers, you might want to tell them to wait at least a week before applying new updates. There is always risk involved in jumping on updates that were only tested by a controlled group. It only took a couple days after 10.6.7 was released before we saw reports of printing and PDF issues. In enterprise environments the rule of thumb is to wait one week before jumping on new patches. This way you let the others bleed. ;) Don Montalvo, TX
Like (2)
Thresher-the-Shark
Thresher-the-Shark
28 April 2011
To be fair Rubaiyat. If you go to Apple's main support downloads page the update is right there.
Like
Rubaiyat
Rubaiyat
28 April 2011
Thresher. The problems with all the non-Combo updates has never been announced by Apple and that is a lot of updates for a long time.
Like
Glenn-Braid
28 April 2011
Works as expected. There was a month delay between the release of 10.6.7 and this update so one can only assume that problem was a little more complex than just a couple of lines of code.
Like (1)
Version 1.0
3 answer(s)
Neutralzone
Neutralzone
28 April 2011
Under a month is pretty quick, actually. That has to include reporting and discovery, verification, determining actual root cause (and how it was possible that it crept into 10.6.6), determining a safe fix, and finally verifying the fix through all hardware variations. And all known scenarios, taking into account that it wasn't just that something simple broke, but it touches the type rendering, PDF, and printing subsystems. Apple must have thought it was serious enough to give it a high priority for such a fast track, because they didn't hold up this fix to include with the next 10.6.X release.
Like (3)
Glenn-Braid
Glenn-Braid
28 April 2011
@Neutralzone Did you actually read what I wrote, I never said that a month delay was bad, I clearly stated that there was a month delay between the 10.6.7 release and the font update because the issue was complex and needed more time. Dear god, what is it with some people and their inability to read.
Like (2)
Jeshush
Jeshush
28 April 2011
@Kawaii-Gardiner: Seems you should follow your own advice (or at least set-shift before you rant). I see Neutalzone simply embellished your "review". You took this as an affront to your brilliant "works as expected" review (which, you have to admit, is a bit of a snore). What is it with people and their inability to just be cool?
Like
Igreg
28 April 2011
Does not appear in Software Update. Wonder why.
Like
Version 1.0
2 answer(s)
Glenn-Braid
Glenn-Braid
28 April 2011
Re-apply the 10.6.7 combo update, reboot then run 'Software Update' again.
Like (1)
Cattus-Thraex
Cattus-Thraex
28 April 2011
Indeed, does not show up, at least with some configs
Like
Dana-Sutton
27 April 2011
Since the introduction of X.6.7 I have had a screen draw problem with the font I use for creating Dreamweaver fonts. This update has fixed that. Thanks, Apple!
Like
Version 1.0
1 answer(s)
Dana-Sutton
Dana-Sutton
27 April 2011
Oops, "for creating Dreamweaver documents" (I wish there was a correction feature for these reviews).
Like (1)