Shortcuts will make your everyday tasks easier and help you to save time by creating keyboard shortcuts for routine things like launching applications and opening websites.
Set shortcuts for:
- Applications: - You can launch applications like iCal, iTunes, and Mail by pressing a keystroke. You can easily reconfigure shortcuts and choose other apps or keyboard keys.
- Folders and Files: - It's very convenient to assign a simple shortcut to a file or folder you constantly work with.
- System Actions: - You don't need extra function keys like Play and Pause, Increase and Decrease Volume, Sleep, Restart and Shutdown because you can easily control System, Volume, Screen and Apps with Shortcuts.
- Shell and Applescripts: - Once you've written a useful script, you can easily run it with a few keys pressed.
- Websites: - You can assign shortcuts to websites you like to visit and open them at any time. And, of course, you can replace one URL with another, if your tastes or work situation change.
Some user-chosen shortcuts may already exist for another action. If a new shortcut conflicts with a system one, application asks you either to choose another combination or to override the system shortcut.