Developer website: TranCreative Software
WordBook is the all-time top paid iPhone/iPad dictionary app, and is now available on the Mac. WordBook is a comprehensive, quick, and intuitive dictionary and thesaurus of the English language. It's a great combination of comprehensive contents and fast intuitive interface.
- 150,000 entries with more than 220,000 definitions, 70,000 usage samples
- 23,000 root word origins (etymologies)
- 120,000 pronunciation guides in International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) and other notations
- Spoken pronunciations (for all entries)
- Built-in thesaurus and word links connecting words semantically
- Favorite word list and history management
- Browser-like definition content navigation, ability to tap on any word in the content to look up its definition
- WordBook does not required an Internet connection except to play online pronunciation voices.
- WordBook includes entries of both American/British spellings. Definitions are written in American English.
- Fixed issue with audio not playing in latest OS X update
- Word Puzzle helper (wildcard search)
OS X 10.7 or later