YoWindow Weather
Your rating: Now say why...


Reflect the weather in a living landscape.   Demo ($9.98)
Add to my Watch List
Email me when discounted
YoWindow is a free Weather Station. It can reflect the weather in a living landscape, like your window. That makes YoWindow special.
What's New
Version 3.0.161:
  • Current temperature is displayed near Windows clock again
  • Cow! In all seasons except Winter
  • Millie is not alone anymore
  • Finnish language support
  • Lots of small problems fixed
Intel, OS X 10.5 or later

MacUpdate - YoWindow Weather

    Be the first to recommend a similar software title.
YoWindow Weather User Discussion (Write a Review)
ver. 3.x:
Your rating: Now say why...

sort: smiles | time


Aeschylus reviewed on 21 Feb 2011
I really enjoyed using this, but I had to remove it. When I looked at Activity Monitor, I saw that the app was using 11% of the CPU and Flash was using 14%. 25% of the CPU constantly being used is too much.

That said, it was a beautiful app and if the developer can get a handle on this CPU usage, I'll reinstall it and buy the pro version.
[Version 2.0]

4 Replies

Repkasoft (developer) replied on 22 Feb 2011
Dear Aeschylus, my name is Pasha, i am the author of YoWindow. Pay attention that YoWindow does not use any CPU when it is running in the background. So when you don't need YoWindow you don't loose on CPU. I am watching this problem very carefully. This has always been on Windows (where YoWindow is very popular) and it is the same on Mac OS.

Aeschylus replied on 28 Feb 2011
Repkasoft, what you say is absolutely NOT true. I have screenshots of Activity Monitor. With YoWindow in the foreground, FlashPlayer (YoWindowInternet) takes 108% CPU, and YoWindow takes 13.9% CPU.

With YoWindow in the background, FlashPlayer (YoWindowInternet) takes 12.3% and YoWindow takes 9.4% CPU, for a total of 21.7% CPU IN THE BACKGROUND.

This is not good. Flash has always been better on Windows, so maybe this will take a different approach on the Mac.
Repkasoft (developer) replied on 01 Mar 2011
My apologies, there must be some bug slipped inside Mac edition. I will check Mac performance within the next couple of days. If you want to help with catching the bug or if you want I to email you after the investigation please send a short email to suppor@repkasoft.com

Surfspirit replied on 08 Oct 2012
I agree with @Aeschylus the app is the most useful, but it really uses enormous amount of cpu, even when closing the flash windows, also the menu bar interface needs to be Mac OS native. Also, there's should be an pre defined alert for when rain is coming for example, "Alert if rains above 4 hours"...

par128 (developer) commented on 20 Feb 2011
YoWindow is an absolutely new weather display approach. Picture worth 1000 words :)
[Version 2.0]

There are currently no troubleshooting comments. If you are experiencing a problem with this app, please post a comment.


Screentom rated on 26 Oct 2011

[Version 2.0.2]


par128 rated on 20 Feb 2011

[Version 2.0]

Version Downloads:86
Type:Internet : Internet Utilities
Date:13 Feb 2014
Platform:Intel 32 / OS X
Price: $9.98
Overall (Version 3.x):
Ease of Use:
Displaying 1-2 of 2
Displaying 1-2 of 2
Please login or create a new
MacUpdate Member account
to use this feature
Watch Lists are available to
MacUpdate Desktop Members
Upgrade Now
Install with MacUpdate Desktop.
Save time moving files & cleaning
up space wasting archives.
YoWindow is a free Weather Station. It can reflect the weather in a living landscape, like your window. That makes YoWindow special.

- -