Developer website: Tenset Technologies Ltd
- Easily view individuals and families, including photos, citations and notes with a simple, intuitive browser-style interface.
- Simply drag a GEDCOM file, drop it onto GedScape, and immediately you can browse a fully indexed family tree.
- Its incredibly fast allowing you to rapidly view GEDCOM's without having to create other database files on your computer or load into your existing genealogy software.
- View indexes of individuals, dates & places, charts including pedigrees, family charts, descendants charts.
- Display summary tables of individuals with links to their individual records (e.g. sample 1 and sample 2)
- Create reports e.g. for ancestors and descendants with photos and narrative descriptions.
- View image gallery of all photos.
- Browse the low-level structure of a GEDCOM file (i.e. at the tag level) but with hyperlinks to move within the file (sample).
- Generate powerful GEDCOM web sites with all the display features of GedScape itself (i.e., its an GEDCOM to HTML converter) (sample).
- Convert GEDCOM files to text/CSV files e.g. to extract GEDCOM data to spreadsheets such as Excel.
- Export new GEDCOM files with character set and text file conversion. Supports all valid character sets defined by GEDCOM 5.5.1 including ANSEL.
- Selectively exclude or 'privatize' chosen data/individuals from conversion/extraction or website generation, e.g. to remove specific individuals (and/or their ancestors/descendants), or to exclude individuals based on their date of birth so as to remove living people.
- Tag individuals to highlight them including in generated GEDCOM HTML pages.
- Supports the entire GEDCOM v5.5.1 specification so you can display all valid data.
GedScape is available for download in both free and paid versions. The same download file is used for both the free trial and the paid version. If you buy the paid version, you simply enter the supplied registration code into the installed software to enable the paid-only features (use the Enter Registration Code option on the Help menu).