Developer website: Studio Mee
SketchMee is most advanced automatic pencil sketch generator in the world, but very easy to use.
Best in Class
The successful SketchMee apps for iPhone and iPad have redefined what's possible to achieve in computer generated art with just a few taps, leaving even desktop computer software behind. Until now, that is. SketchMee on a Mac brings the technology to a whole new level. The extra processing power enables the algorithms to shift into higher gears and generate new and incredible results. What's become possible has surprised ourselves during development!
Easy to Use
All you need to do is to open an image file. It is then automatically processed with the great default settings. Then just save the result! The somewhat more advanced user may want to change some settings in the control panel. A small number of well balanced, very powerful controls are available for you to try out. And should you ever get lost, you can always restore the defaults settings. If you want to use only a part the input image, just click "Crop Input…", select a width-to-height ratio, zoom, pan, and crop. Reset crop at any time to restore the original input image.
Traditional image filters just produce an image the same size as the input, but not SketchMee: A sketch is made up of thousands of mathematically defined pencil strokes, layered in clever ways to achieve the correct amount of shading in every part of the image. This powerful approach enables some unique features:
- Regardless of the size of your input image, your sketch can be saved as a 16 megapixel, perfectly sharp, high quality JPEG, fit for any use.
- Even if you crop your sketch heavily (click "Crop Output…"), you can save the remaining sketch fragment as a sharp, full resolution, 16 megapixel JPEG.
- Zoom in as deep as you like to inspect the strokes. They appear perfectly crisp at any zoom level.
SketchMee performs the highly complex processing in parallel, making full use of every processor core in your Mac. Both when analyzing the input images and when rendering the finished sketches to screen at any zoom level, all to keep waiting times at a minimum. Processing is often finished in seconds!
- Improved OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility.
- Dramatically improved rendering speed.
- Added a stroke shakiness setting.
- Wider range of stroke layer count settings.
- Fixed a nasty bug causing saving to fail if the last used save folder doesn't exist anymore.
- Minor bug fixes.
- OS X 10.7 or later