Over 900 downloads here and no relevant review. I think it's time for a review. I use Sorting Thoughts since version 1.0.0 and I find it's really useful. The name fits perfect and you can easily sort your thoughts with this tool. I use it to collect my daily notes and to writing travel diaries. I put bookmarks, articles, photos, documents and reading notes in it. In the end it helps me to manage myself.
The thought concept with the thought tree, linking and tagging feature is ideal for this job. A thought in the concept of Sorting Thoughts is a textual entry in an encrypted database. Currently, it exist four different types of thoughts: simple, projects, tasks and events. Since version 1.1.0 it is possible to attach files to a thought. This is my favorite feature. So I can collect and manage my documents in Sorting Thoughts and add photos to my travel diaries.
Here are my pros and cons of Sorting Thoughts.
- clean interface (very simple to use)
- encrypted and cloudless (ideal for private stuff)
- available for Mac and Windows (so I can use it at home and at work)
- Android and webOS app are available (also for HP TouchPad)
- developer is friendly and gives helpful support (thanks again for that :)
- task planning is too simple (it is not possible to filter tasks)
- mobile apps supports only simple text thoughts (no tasks and projects)
- no iOS app available
I can highly recommend this tool. If you collect private data and you don't want put it in a cloud, this tool is yours.