Hmmm. Promising alternative to my current image viewer sequential. For now, sequential beats Viewer hands down when it comes to both speed, stability and functionality, but sequential doesn't seem to be updated anymore, so therefore i'm looking for alternatives.
I really think Viewer has potential though. It's minimal, simple, looks rather ok (it falls short of being beautiful though) - just what i look for in an application. But, for now, it doesn't have what it takes to become the default image viewer, at least on my computer.
Cons (IMHO, of course):
- HUD instead of a proper main window. It's not wrong, just look weird.
- Doesn't remember (or keep) previous window size and position.
- Sometimes opens up obscured by (overlaps behind) the dock.
- All animations are jerky/laggy (Quad + 6750m iMac)
- Thumbnail mode in fullscreen has no pointer to select with.
- Zoom is rather clumsily implemented, and not very smooth.
- Perhaps it's too minimalistic (never thought i'd say that)!