Developer website: Blizzard Entertainment
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty is a strategy game played in real-time. You see the action from a top-down perspective and command your armies to gain control of the battlefield and ultimately defeat your opponents. The game's single-player campaign focuses on the terrans, but you can play multiplayer matches as any of the three StarCraft II races: the terrans, the protoss, or the zerg.
Each race has access to unique units; these units fill specific roles on the battlefield. Combining different units to form versatile armies is one path to victory.
The most basic units at your command are your workers. They harvest the resources you need to expand your base and to add more units to your growing army, and your workers also create new buildings. More advanced units become available once your base meets certain requirements, such as having constructed certain buildings or researched certain technologies.
In multiplayer matches, you win the game when you've wiped all your enemy's buildings off the map or if the other players surrender to you.
In typical real-time strategy games, players build armies and vie for control of the battlefield. The armies in play can be as small as a single squad of marines or as large as a full-blown planetary invasion force. As commander, you observe the battlefield from a top-down perspective and issue orders to your units in real time. Strategic thinking is key to success; you need to gather information about your opponents, anticipate their moves, outflank their attacks, and formulate a winning strategy.
- The Heart of the Swarm Prolog always displays in English regardless of language selection.
- Adding a player to a lobby that is using a SwarmMulti or LibertyMulti extension mod will cause a "Dependencies could not be validated" error.
- Custom Games created with Private Extension Mods still have an option to be opened to the public.
- The Groups pane can display incorrect information
- Icons and decals do not update if they were changed while the club window was closed.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4670 or better