Developer website: Hemisphere Games
Osmos is part ambient, cosmic simulator, and part Darwinistic game of survival. This multi-award-winning game features beautiful, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and an atmospheric electronic soundtrack.
Your goal is to grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this fundamental balance, Osmos leads the player through ambient playgrounds, deep solar systems, competitive petri dishes, dense mote-fields, and more.
- Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and challenging worlds. (47 levels plus bonus content.)
- Confront attractors, repulsors and intelligent motes with similar abilities and goals as you.
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level.
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more.
- 11 glorious achievements.
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
- Retina display support.
- 5 languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
Note: Now requires a 64-bit Intel processor
- Fix for hang on startup affecting some users. And now a 64-bit application!
- OS X 10.6 or later