VUWER (pronounced like "viewer") is an application designed to remotely track your MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro (or any other Apple computer) in the event that it is lost or stolen. VUWER is not foolproof, but it is reasonably secure, easy to implement, and costs nothing but a little time and effort to set up.
- VUWER is free of charge, open source, and relies on standard OS X commands and readily available freeware applications for installation and operation. Also, since VUWER is written in Applescript, it is relatively easy to modify or enhance in any way you choose.
- You are more...
- This version introduces Installation Option 3, which integrates VUWER with Dropbox. This new option is recommended for most users due to its improved performance and ease of installation.
- The PowerPC architecture is no longer supported by VUWER. Version 1.7.7 will remain available on the VUWER web site for PowerPC Macs.
- VUWER now sends periodic status update emails / more...
- OS X 10.4.11 or later
- PPC setup available on developer website