VUWER (pronounced like "viewer") is an application designed to remotely track your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro (or any other Apple computer) in the event that it is lost or stolen. VUWER is not foolproof, but it is reasonably secure, easy to implement, and costs nothing but a little time and effort to set up.
- VUWER is free of charge, open source, and relies on standard OS X commands and readily available freeware applications for installation and operation. Also, since VUWER is written in Applescript, it is relatively easy to modify or enhance in any way you choose.
- You are in more...
- Fixed bug that caused installation failure on some Macs with solid-state drives.
- Fixed attributes bug that prevented VUWER from installing on computers using the Ostiarius security program.
- Modified documentation to emphasize the requirement to change Gmail settings so that sendEmail (which Google considers a "less secure app") will function correctly with Installation Option 1.
- OS X 10.4.11 or later
- PPC setup included in download