VUWER (pronounced like "viewer") is an application designed to remotely track your MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro (or any other Apple computer) in the event that it is lost or stolen. VUWER is not foolproof, but it is reasonably secure, easy to implement, and costs nothing but a little time and effort to set up.
- VUWER is free of charge, open source, and relies on standard OS X commands and readily available freeware applications for installation and operation. Also, since VUWER is written in Applescript, it is relatively easy to modify or enhance in any way you choose.
- You are more...
- For Installation Option 1, the sendEmail program has been modified to eliminate SSH handshake errors that some users have experienced.
- For Installation Option 3, Dropbox upload / download functions have been upgraded to API v2.
- During installation, VUWER setup now checks installed versions of sendEmail, Imagesnap, and wacaw. If the binaries have not changed, they more...
- OS X 10.4.11 or later
- PPC setup available on developer website