I loved it so much for 1 month, it's killing me to do this, but hundreds of reviews, NO ONE warns about some things that are so commonly needed they are common that one or two features would be "missing" from an app - and clearly every app can work for many - and NOT work for many folks. I do not need my email software to do my dishes, mop my floors, calendar my life (I use the best one - yes integration please, but don't invent your own) Postbox is great how it connects with the "outside world" of Apps - but the following is something I guess you might take for granted in 2021.
Again, be prepared have NONE of the following:
- A mobile version of Postbox - or worse - anything that plays nice with Postbox.
- No "snooze", nothing like it, no workaround, if you ever, in your email life, used either "snooze", "Boomerang", or "Remind me later" features and need them - just stop right now, it's not there, and I assure you, they made it very clear - it's not coming any time either in the future.
- You will have ONE and ONLY ONE "workstation" with your master inbox on I guess the "main computer of your choosing". There is no cloud support (yes, read that again slowly) for moving around mobile, or even laptop vs your desktop. You can attempt their very unsupported, though well explained, way to use a cloud service, but let me save you a week, it won't work. Dropbox, iCloud, Box. Won't work. and they state it clearly and respectfully to their customers - they accept no responsibility for things out of their control. I admire them for saying it.
- They keep bragging about some feature called "Focus" so I spent a few full hours learning/reading (remember please I was in love with this, so I was committed) - but while I admit there must be a way to make it work - it is so counter-intuitive, don't have a heart attack if you create all these labels and keywords, then you click them, which seems normal - to expect everything "unread" to just pop out (I have 32 emails for 6 companies) - then everything just disappears - although it was safe somewhere. Eats up enormous screen real estate.
- While their customer support may be the best I ever experienced - it's $8 a question/issue. I paid 3 times, and they were great, but now it's all wasted money
The pros they do BETTER than any of SIX other apps I have switching around from in a year. I'd love to tell you where I ended up - but it's not perfect either, and it would make this review seem suspicious.
+++ MAGIC IMPORTER - just type an email address and IT KNOWS everything about the settings, in a way that seems magical, ports, DNS info, IMAP or POP, Security - like my own full IT department. This was why I bought it too fast.
+ unlimited number of email addresses from all types IMAP, POP... I HAVE 30+ emails from OVER 15 years. It "found" them ALL and IMPORTED every one, including AOL addresses long lost in the 20th century. "You've Got Mail" indeed, yea, I did, it was still there.
+ nest and organize related email addresses inside smart folder groupings
+ The best support FAQ guide and documentation I have ever seen. It is so good I read every line of it. and did it. Yet, the "Focus" and some other stuff simply did not work for me.
+ They are the only client software people so honest, they go into detail about IMAP and POP guidance you must consider for the future, not only how to keep doing what you are doing now. Their honesty was worth the price of the software alone. Love POP? get over it, it's not really long for this world. Thank you Postbox for BOTH letting me use POP, yet educating about all aspects of storage, DNS, 12 different types of email sources and HOW TO DO THEM ALL - amazing.