Like Asteroids in three dimensions, but more...
It is the far future. The Rek are an enemy race which have been warring with the humans for years. In the latest round of battles, many human prisoners were captured. They are being held in several massive Rek Prison Cubes. These Cubes are floating in space in many different locations.
Your Mission: rescue the prisoners! You will be warped to one Prison Cube after another. In each Prison Cube, you must release the prisoners by pulverizing the asteroids with your laser until you find the small, gold-colored "prison asteroids". When you blow up a prison asteroid, the prisoner will be free - he will float to you and jump into your ship.
When all of the prisoners in that Cube have been accounted for (either rescued or killed), your mission is complete, and you will be sent to the next Prison Cube. Naturally, the Rek have prison guards. Their wall guns, guard ships and sentinel ships will attempt to stop you from completing your task...
What's new in Space Prisoner
-Major performance improvements! Explosions and other graphics-intensive operations now render smoothly, even on slower Macs without dedicated graphics cards.
- NEW roll controls! Now you can roll the ship around its longitudinal (nose-to-tail) axis. Maneuvering in zero-g just got even more fun!
- NEW camera views! Now you have 7 different camera view options instead of just 4. Useful backward-looking, right side and left-side views let you scout around your ship and see what's around you.
- NEW "True Newtonian" physics model option! Pressing "N" during game play will let you experience true, frictionless outer space maneuvering - it's realistic but also pretty wild! You might just get a bit dizzy. :) Press "N" again to restore the normal, "artificial mild-friction" environment.
- NEW higher-contrast application icon
- Updates to the splash screens
Join over 500,000 subscribers.
Subscribe for our newsletter with best Mac offers from MacUpdate.