Note: Now requires OS X 10.12 or later
New features and improvements:
- Updated Client profile window - the Client Profile window now includes a new interface. You can add custom fields for additional user details, and select a room, location, and department for each user.
- Updated FAQ editor - the new Create FAQ editor includes a new interface and provides additional tools for creating and editing your FAQs. The updated editor also allows you to drag and drop images into your Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers.
- Updated Client History window - the History window in the Client interface now includes filters that allows clients to sort their tickets based on status and request type. The new drop-down menu provides additional sorting options, allowing clients to sort the ticket history by updated status, ID number and subject.
- Open Java Development Kit 11 - this release includes Open Java Development Kit 11 (OpenJDK 11), an open source implementation of the Oracle Java platform.
- Beginning with Web Help Desk 12.7, the Oracle Java SE 8 software will no longer be available for Web Help Desk without a commercial license. All future Web Help Desk releases will include OpenJDK, which is a free and open-source implementation of the Java Platform. See Java SE General FAQs on the Oracle website for details.
- Other improvements - Apache Tomcat 9.0.13
New customer installation:
For information about installing Web Help Desk see the Web Help Desk Installation Guide. This guide includes checklists to help you prepare and complete your upgrades, gotchas, and troubleshooting steps
How to upgrade:
If you are upgrading from a previous version, see the Web Help Desk Upgrade Guide. This guide includes checklists to help you prepare and complete your upgrades, gotchas, and troubleshooting steps
Upgrading your Apache Tomcat software:
The SolarWinds Web Help Desk software installer includes Apache Tomcat 9.0.13, which provides enhanced security and is required for this release
When you upgrade your Web Help Desk software, the upgrade procedure replaces the SolarWinds Web Help Desk software installer includes Tomcat 9.0.13, which provides enhanced security and is required for this release. When you upgrade your Web Help Desk software, the upgrade procedure replaces the conftomcat_web_template.xml file with an updated file that includes the Tomcat 9.0.13 settings
Before you upgrade your Web Help Desk software, back up your current tomcat_web_template.xml file to an external directory. When the upgrade is completed, add your personal settings to the updated file from your backup file
- Tickets related to assets no longer requires an extended amount of time to display in the user interface
- Deleted request types now display [D] (Deleted) in the checklist templates
- Clients can now see tickets for all request types
- Request types configured for use as an FAQ category now display properly
- The MySQL database upgrade no longer fails when you upgrade Web Help Desk to the next release
- Archived request types can no longer be selected by clients and techs
- Request Type ticket widgets no longer display query processing errors
- An issue with creating checklist temples is resolved