Developer website: Adobe
Adobe Drive software enables seamless integration of a digital asset management (DAM) system with Adobe Creative Suite 5, 5.5, 6, and CC applications. Once connected to a DAM server, you can access remote assets through your operating system file browser, through Adobe Bridge, or from the menus of CS products that integrate with Drive: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and InCopy.
- Support for "hidden" features Within the integrated Creative Suite applications, perform asset management functions such as viewing version history or adding comments upon check-in when saving files directly from the application.
- Connector for ADEP DAM Services Enables access to digital assets managed within the Web Experience Management Adobe solution and the Integrated Content Review solution.
- CMIS connector Enables basic access to asset management servers that implement the Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) specification.
- Customized properties support Allows users to edit and view custom metadata/properties through Adobe Drive in Adobe Bridge.
Key Fixes and Improvements
- Support for OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
- Support for Adobe Creative Cloud 2015 and Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 apps
- Improved support for large file upload on OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Improved search with Adobe Bridge
- Improved support for large OBJ files. Fixed data corruption
- Improved file version handling if versions created at server
- If you have a previous installation of Adobe Drive 5.0.x on OS X Yosemite, perform the following cleanup steps sequentially before installing Adobe Drive 5.0.3:
- Un-pack the AdobeDrive5UninstallUtility.dmg
- Run UninstallUtility.sh within AdobeDrive5UninstallUtility.dmg
- Uninstall the previous version of Adobe Drive
- Restart the system
- Install Adobe Drive 5.0.3
- Forcible quitting from Finder is required to proceed with the installation when the Adobe Drive installer becomes unresponsive during installation on Mac OS and Activity Monitor displays Finder as unresponsive.
- Adobe Bridge crashes when asset in child folder is copied to parent folder.
- Adobe Drive 5.0.3 needs JDK 1.6 installed on OS X.
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Adobe Drive CC software is used together with Adobe Creative Cloud products: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, InCopy, and Bridge.