Joe's Network Utility currently consists of the following tool sets:
- Ping (determines the availability of a host and packet round trip times)
- DNS lookup (name resolution to IP address(es) )
- Wake on LAN (WoL) Wake-on-LAN allows you to wake up a device via Internet or VPN by sending a magic packet to wake it up.
Please note that the remote device must be configured to listen to those kind of packets for being able to be woken up.
- all functions are being implemented the iphone/ipod touch GUI way.
- a list with your favorites separated for each each tool
- usage of your favorites between tools (as long as possible for required functionality)
- grouped history of Pings being send and a summary for each ping session, lookups being done, magic packets being send
- definition of number of packets to send
- definition timeout for each ping, ping answers being received later than the timeout are marked in red
- if nothing is entered super favorites are being used
- works via Wifi, 3G, EDGE, GPRS, VPN