Overall: Grossly over-priced for what it does, which is nothing more than a dressed up notepad, and it is VERY bug ridden (more like an Alpha release candidate instead of a production version).
The Good: It looks nice
- The price borders on the ridiculous for what this thing does. A person with Windows Notepad could do the same thing (except the pretty backgrounds).
- The hotkeys for performing menu actions do not work. I have two PC's on my desk and have installed it on both, but with the same outcome - using the hotkeys does NOTHING
- After using the menu option to fit more lines on the page, I decided to decrease the lines on the page after I had typed some data, but the menu item did not even work then. Restarting the program did not help.
Recommendations to developer:
1. Stop using the general public as your testers - this really pisses people off, and wastes time that is short in supply anyway. When it gets to me as a user, it should be without bugs and things should just work the way they are supposed to.
2. To make this an attractive application, really go with the notebook metaphor, and instead of having a scroll bar, when the user gets to the end of the page, have it flip over to a second page like a real notebook. Otherwise, what is the real difference between this application and MS Notepad, other than screen decoration? Before you do this however, download one of the applications for the Mac, like NoteBook or Omni Outliner, and see how it supposed to be done and what works.