Developer website: MD Software, LLC
Note: Over the past couple of years it's been impossible for me to keep working on Stainless and thus the source code for Stainless is now available under the MIT License for those who might be interested in continuing the project.
Thanks to all for your support!...
Stainless is a multi-process browser for OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard.
Although Stainless started out as a technology demo to showcase our own multi-processing architecture in response to Google Chrome, we've been inspired by our growing fanbase to forge ahead and craft Stainless into a full-fledged browser. In fact, Stainless now has features you won't find in Chrome or in any other browser.
A prime example is parallel sessions, which allow you to log into a site using different credentials in separate tabs at the same time. This new technology is woven throughout Stainless, from the private cookie storage system, to session-aware bookmarks that remember the session in which they were saved. We're excited to showcase what we believe is a true browser innovation.
- new: OS X 10.7 compatibility
- new: 64-bit build
- added: ability to stop downloads in progress
- added: tab from autocomplete row selects URL for editing
- added: 3 finger swipe gesture left/right for back/forward (use with option key under Lion)
- optimized: faster multi-process manager
- fixed: backward and forward menus may fail for dynamic pages
- fixed: failed partial downloads aren't cleaned up