Developer website: Nikon
Nikon Transfer is a software application that allows for the simple transfer of images captured with a Nikon digital camera, or images recorded to media such as memory cards, to a computer. It also allows for back-up copying and embedding of information including copyright into image data during transfer.
- Nikon Transfer allows you to specify a software application to launch automatically after images are transferred. When ViewNX (image browser), or the optional Capture NX2 is selected, smooth collaboration with ViewNX allows for natural operation. Use of these two applications together is recommended.
Does not support the .NRW (RAW) format.
- Labels and ratings, as well as information including titles and creator, can be applied to images as they are transferred.
- Image attributes and transfer status can be verified in the Nikon Transfer thumbnail list area, and thumbnail display can be categorized by shooting date, file type, or camera folder setting.
- Nikon Transfer allows for specification of a second destination folder, in addition to the primary destination, for saving images to two folders for back-up purposes. This provides back-up of important images in case of deletion of image files from the computer, or similar such accidents.
- Independent sound files (.WAV) recorded by cameras with the voice recording function can be transferred.
- Nikon Transfer can be used to upload images to Nikon's convenient, easy-to-use online photo management service, my Picturetown. Save important images to my Picturetown to increase the ways in which photos add to the enjoyment of your lefestyle (Internet connection required).
Supported Cameras: D3, D2Xs, D2X, D2Hs, D700, D300, D200, D100, D90, D80, D70s, D70, D60, D50, D40X, D40 (The D1X, D1H, and D1 not supported on computers with Intel CPUs running Mac OS X 10.3.9). Coolpix Cameras: All USB connected Nikon Coolpix cameras except Coolpix 880/990/800/900. No serial port connected cameras are supported. Please use a memory card reader for these cameras.
- Support for Mac OS X version 10.6.2 has been added.
- Support for 2GB and larger image files with Mac OS X version 10.6.1 and later has been added.
*Previously available here