- Cross-platform, running on Windows, OS X, and Linux/Unix systems.
- The JmolApplet is a Web browser applet that can be integrated into Web pages.
- The Jmol application is a standalone Java application that runs on the desktop.
- The JmolViewer is a development tool kit that can be integrated into other Java applications.
Note: The Finder and MacUpdate Desktop do not report a version number for this software; the developer refers to it as 14.6.4
- Bug fix: changes to var incomplete
- Bug fix: JmolAppletSigned0.jar missing export classes (POV-Ray, VRML, for example)
- Bug fix: Mac Spartan spardir reading; for web, use zipped up version of spardir
- OS X 10.3 or later