... Morph your Apple Xserve or Apple Mac Pro into a multi-purpose platform capable of running Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux environments side by side. Reduce your need for different hardware platforms and consolidate your efforts on Apple hardware saving space, power and administration time. Improve your ability to manage your IT environment from anywhere at any time via the Internet and provide self service capabilities to your technical users. Easily add new services for your organization without the need to increase the budget for additional hardware purchases.
Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 enables virtualization on the Mac platform while supplying performance, flexibility and management extensibility.
- The ONLY server virtualization solution optimized for Apple server hardware
- Virtual machine provisioning up to 12 virtual CPUs and 64GB of RAM optimized to take advantage of hardware based Intel Extended Page Tables (EPT) and Intel FlexPriority capabilities.
- Smart installation technology for the host & express installation capabilities for both Windows and Linux guests speeds time to deployment.
- Point and click migration of virtual machines between physical computers improves disaster recovery capabilities and improves capacity planning capabilities.
- Integrated snapshots, incremental and full backups of virtual machines streamlines the ability to protect the virtual environments without the need for 3rd party software.
- Integration with Parallels Virtual Automation enables administrators to take advantage of centralized Web based administration across multiple Parallels virtualization solutions including Parallels Server Bare Metal, Parallels Server for Mac 4 Bare Metal Edition and Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for both Windows & Linux.
With Parallels Server for Mac you are able to:
- Consolidate Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server and other Windows Server applications directly on your Apple hardware eliminating the need for multiple servers saving you money, electricity & storage space.
- Extend your Mac OS X server capabilities with Linux applications like Moodle, Wordpress and MySQL providing new capabilities to your organization.
- Provision fully configured operating systems & applications in just minutes from a simple to use Web based interface saving you hours of your time.
- Provide on-demand IT resources for your developers needing Mac OS X server, Linux or Windows Server environments to speed their delivery of Web applications, business applications or important content.
- Improve your disaster recovery & failover capabilities with transportable virtual machines and integrated point and click migration capabilities.