1. A couple of years ago I made the mistake of buying a retail version of Equinux Stationery Pack 1 at a local Apple Retail Store.
2. Toady, my version, 1.0.2, informed me that version 2.6.1 was available for FREE. I quote from the dialog box return:
“A new version of Stationery Pack is available!
Stationery Pack 2.6.1 is now available (version 1.0.2 is currently installed). Would you like to download the new version now?
Your FREE update for Stationery Pack 2.6.1 is now available.
Download the latest version for improved compatability with the new Safari 5 WebKit, as well as minor bug fixes and a revised Mail template.”
3. I made the download and installation and it now says
I can PURCHASE it at ‘Your Special Price' of $49.95!
4. I did an Amazon search and found that anyone without ‘Your Special Price' can purchase it for $35.90! See this link: ‘http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_15?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=equinux+stationery+pack&x=0&y=0&sprefix=equinux+station'.
5. I informed them that my 1.0.2 ‘Activation Code' is: ‘XXXX-XXXX-XXXX'. (I used XXXX-XXXX-XXXX here for privacy.)
6. I asked them “How do I activate my ‘free update'”, as stated?
7. I am STILL waiting...
I advise anyone contemplating the purchase of any Equinux product to reconsider the thought.