Developer website: Thoughtful Tree Software
For many Macs that are not brand-spanking-new, Spotlight will often just refuse to find a simple application before a least several seconds are long over. Often, these "hard to find" applications are somewhere you could get to quickly.
Sometimes, right before you select an item (Photo Booth for example), Spotlight decides to change it to a completely different one, often launching a bloated and slow app (Photoshop for instance).
Use QuickApps to launch your less-common applications with great speed and accuracy. QuickApps allows for quite a bit of customization, so you can make it as quick and efficient as you'd like.
- Located in the Menu Bar to avoid cluttering your Dock
- Control which folders are searched for applications
- Choose if QuickApps should launch right when you log in
- Apps can be organized plainly or in an alphabetical hierarchy
- Often faster and more reliable than Spotlight itself
- Fixed automatic updater which was broken in QuickApps 2.0.2
*Previously available here