Big Mean Folder Machine is an easily operated file and folder management utility. It can split files into folder hierarchies or merge them into a single folder. With a familiar assistant-styled interface, The Big Mean Folder Machine is an essential tool for anyone who works with large file collections, including digital photographers, content creation, post-production, system administrators, and other creative professionals.
- Perfect for re-organizing your photo collection - The Big Mean Folder Machine knows all about the shooting dates and times embedded in your digital JPEG EXIF or RAW picture files. With only a few clicks you can reorganize your entire photo collection into a customized folder hierarchy. Fancy organizing your photos by year and month? Click. Click. Done. Prefer a deeper hierarchy with year, month and date? Click. Click. Done.
- We love your music too - The Big Mean Folder Machine is just as useful for your music collections as it can read id3 tags (Artist, Album, Title, Year, etc.) and use them to split your entire collection into a pristine folder hierarchy of your own design.
- Create fixed sized batch folders - Anybody who has ever tried to burn a large file collection onto physical media such as DVDs or CDs will appreciate the Big Mean Folder Machine's ability to create batch folders of a particular size, so that you can backup each folder onto a separate data carrier.
- Merging folders - The Big Mean Folder Machine cannot only split files into folders, but it can also do the reverse, namely merging the files from many folders and folder hierarchies into a single folder. Not only is doing this manually exceedingly tedious, but you also run into real problems when you run into files with the same name in several folders. The Big Mean Folder Machine takes care of these issues with its customizable file name conflict resolution algorithm.
- Safe, flexible and industrial strength - All this would be of little use unless there is a safe, flexible and capable engine behind these pretty buttons.. The Big Mean Folder Machine packs an industrial-strength 64-bit database-backed processing engine that is capable of shifting hundreds of thousands of files and terabytes of data, while taking care of pesky problems such as file name conflicts.
The Big Mean Folder Machine provides you a full (!) preview of the folder hierarchies that it will create before doing anything and by default your files are copied rather than moved to their new locations, leaving you with a perfect copy should things not work out as expected. For the more adventurous file moving is of course also available, saving time and disk space but this is inherently less safe.