Developer website: gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net
GCALDaemon is an OS-independent Java program that offers two-way synchronization between Google Calendar and various iCalendar compatible calendar applications. GCALDaemon is primarily designed as a calendar synchronizer but it can also be used as a Gmail notifier, Address Book importer, Gmail terminal and RSS feed converter.
- Open source and completely free of charge
- OS-independent standalone application (Java 1.5)
- Bidirectional sync between iCalendar and Google Calendar
- View and edit your Google Calendar offline
- Supports 'Google Apps for Your Domain'
- Supports multiple file listeners with multiple Google Accounts
- Makes Gmail contacts accessible via LDAP
- Customizable Gmail notification
- Converts RSS/ATOM feed to iCalendar format
- Reusable mail transfer agent
- Remote control your computer via Gmail
- Multi-user abilities (up to 30-40 HTTP and LDAP clients)
- Run in embedded mode in a Servlet Container
- Low memory usage (10-20 MBytes)
- Automatic and fast (3-5 sec/sync)
- Customizable logging system (Log4J / CommonsLogging)
- Ability to do TCP/IP hostname/address filtering
Version 1.0b16: Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.