Developer website: FabFilter Software Instruments
With Volcano 2, FabFilter takes interface design to a whole new level. The innovative what-you-use-is-what-you-see concept shows only what you are actually using, making it a breeze to work with the impressive list of features that the plug-in has to offer.
With all the XLFOs, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need, Volcano 2 offers endless modulation possibilities. Setting up new modulation connections is easy with the drag-and-drop modulation matrix.
Finally, you get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, extensive help with interactive help hints, AltiVec and SSE optimization, and much more!
- Four state-of-the-art multi-mode filters, with panning, delay and more than 10 unique characteristics.
- Ultra-flexible filter routing, including per-channel and mid/side modes.
- Revolutionary new interface, using our innovative what-you-use-is-what-you-see concept.
- Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need.
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 24-slot modulation matrix.
- Large interactive filter display.
- Modulation source signal visualization.
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available.
- Mid/side processing.
- Side chain input.
- Highly improved MIDI Learn.
- Almost 300 presets.
- Unique per-component presets.
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features.
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
- Available in RTAS, VST, VST 3 and AU formats for Mac OS X and Windows.
- With this update, FabFilter Volcano 2 (like all other FabFilter plug-ins) gets native 64-bit support!
- This update also features small improvements (like text input of parameter values) and minor bug fixes.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
PPC G4 processor or later with AltiVec, or Intel Mac.
- Audio Units host, VST 2/VST 3 host or Pro Tools.