Developer website: Henry Bourne
Audiocon (was Audio Unit Converter)... Ever needed to delay sound sources in a multi-channel setup or wanted to work out the delay between the close mic on a snare and the overheads? How about finding out the frequency of a problematic bass note or converting hexadecimal MIDI strings into their decimal equivalent?
This widget allows you to effortlessly convert between many common units that you may encounter while working in a studio or live sound situation. The conversion units in the current version are:
- Distance (m) - Time (ms) - Frequency (Hz)
- Time (ms) - Samples (@ 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 96KHz, 192KHz)
- Binary - Decimal - Hexadecimal
- Note Name - Frequency (Hz)
- BPM - Note Duration (Whole, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 note)
You can convert to and from any unit in each of the main conversion groups.
- Added more sample rates in Time-Samples conversion.
- Added dotted and triplet notes in BPM-Note Duration conversion.
- Added distance in feet to Distance-Time-Frequency conversion.
- I've also managed a massive reduction in number of lines of code! Nothing any of you will notice from a user point of but it made me happy.