SMART Utility is an application to scan the internal hardware diagnostics system of hard drives. SMART (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) is a system built into hard drives by their manufacturers to report on various measurements (called attributes) of a hard drive's operation. The attributes can be used to detect when a hard drive is having mechanical or electrical problems, and can indicate when the hard drive is dying. This allows time to hopefully backup, and then replace the drive.
Run this utility once a week or more...
- Implemented new sending email system to provide better support, fixing bugs with Gmail and Mavericks
- Analyzed all code, cleaned up code, and fixed many potential bugs
- Added check time to Casper plist
- Changed email to include all drives in one email
- Changed email to include "SMART Utility" and host name in subject line
- Changed "Last more...
RequirementsOS X 10.5 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software