SMART Utility is an application to scan the internal hardware diagnostics system of hard drives. SMART (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) is a system built into hard drives by their manufacturers to report on various measurements (called attributes) of a hard drive's operation. The attributes can be used to detect when a hard drive is having mechanical or electrical problems, and can indicate when the hard drive is dying. This allows time to hopefully backup, and then replace the drive.
Run this utility once a week more...
- Added support for Blink1 USB alert light notifications
- Changed displayed drive name to model, if available
- Fixed bug that would cause negative values for some raw attributes
- Fixed bug where temperature min/max would not be recognized for some drives
- Fixed bug that caused crash for failing drives
- Fixed bug that showed duplicates for RAID more...
- OS X 10.9 or later