BootPicker ... With the advent of Boot Camp comes the possibility of deploying multi-boot Macs and permitting your end users to choose whichever platform will work best for whatever they'd like to do at the moment. But how do you manage the presentation of this choice? There are a couple concerns to keep in mind:
- Setting the boot device is an activity restricted to administrative users.
- Allowing non-administrative users access to this functionality potentially allows them to set the boot device to some external media that they provide (then they can really tamper with the system).
- Resolved inconsistent accessibility behavior.
- Updated the helper tool that records BootPicker preferences in the BootPicker Preference Pane. This tool is no longer a setuid binary.
- Updated for Snow Leopard compatibility.