Developer website: Harry Haddon
Empire Express Deluxe (was Empire Express) harnesses the ease of use and power of the Mac so you can quickly, easily, and accurately design your model railroad empire.
Designing a layout is as simple as dragging track and structures from the catalog palette to the plan window. Track pieces are automatically aligned to create accurate, kink-free track connections. Flex track can be easily bent to create smooth curves which meet the user-selected minimum radius standard. The tool palette includes line, rectangle, circle, polygon, and text tools which you can use to draw the layout room, structures, and scenery.
Empire Express was designed specifically for the Mac and supports the standard Mac features such as copy and paste and drag and drop. In addition it also features multiple undo and redo, undoing up to 25 of the last user actions.
- Empire Express has been optimized for your Mac and is now a 64-bit application. No more warnings when you open it
- Fixes compatibility issues with macOS Mojave. Now you can see the tools in the tool palette and the rotation cursor
- Supports macOS Mojave Dark Mode. Allows you to focus on your plan while the dark menus and palettes recede into the background
- Parts list window is now wider by default so all columns are visible when you first open a parts list
- Improved dragging between windows on macOS 10.13 and later
- All editable text is now Unicode and is saved as such. You can use symbols, emoji, etc. anywhere you can edit text
- New 64-bit document format. Empire Express version 2.3 can read older documents but older versions cannot read the new format
- Empire Express 2.3 requires Mac OS X 10.9 or greater
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Updater for independent purchases in Related Links