Developer website: Osborn Entertainment Software
A Prompter is a powerful teleprompter solution for the Mac OS X operating system. It is easy and fun to use yet powerful for professional needs. Some features of A Prompter include the main capability of a smooth scrolling text window, along with many useful features such as powerful text editing and search capabilities, multiple bookmarking modes, fine tuning of scroll speed, synchronized scrolling for karaoke, text queues, styled text, non-verbal cues, horizontally and vertically flipped text and pictures, rotated text and pictures, imbedded graphics, scrolling with a picture or video background, saving to a quicktime movie, create a video blog, search for word patterns, mandalas, hypertext, and much more.
Some uses of A Prompter are a video teleprompter for a TV studio or school media center, an informational public display, hands free text reading, creating a scrolling headline for a Web page, a lyrics scroller and music player for karaoke, scrolling credits for a movie, create a scrolling letter complete with pictures, and more. If there is a feature that you need but isn't yet supported in A Prompter, you are invited to email the author to request the feature.
This demo is a full functioning application, which can be converted into a licensed version by purchasing a registration code. Ordering information is included with the demo. The demo is good for 12 hours of total running time, with session limits of 25 minutes.
Some possible uses for the A Prompter software:
- As a video teleprompter in a TV studio
- As a video teleprompter in a school media center
- As an easy way to read a text document without using your hands to scroll
- To create a scrolling headline for a Web page using the new "Save scroll to movie" feature
- As a lyrics scroller for Karaoke
- Scrolling credits
- To create a scrolling letter complete with pictures
- Add subtitles to a movie
- Create a video or audio blog
- Help find words for Crosswords, Scrabble, Boggle, and other word games
- Fixes saving of queue files
- OS X 10.5 or later