Developer website: AlphaOmega Software
Desktop Web Browser allows you to navigate on the Internet and to display webpages directly on the desktop of the Finder.
- You can navigate on the Internet directly on the desktop of the Finder.
- You can set the URL of the webpage loaded by default at start.
- You can set the transparency of the browser to see your original desktop picture underneath.
- You can set the refresh period of the browser if you want to automatically refresh the webpage periodically.
- You just need to press the Alt key to interact with the background browser.
- You just need to press the Alt-Shift key combination to open the links into Safari.
- It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use.
- It is available in English, French, German, Polish, Russian, and many other languages.
- Read the whole documentation for more details...
- A full recompilation has been made to be compatible with High Sierra, and as Universal Binary to keep being compatible with both old (PowerPC) Macs and recent (Intel) Macs.
- The "How to intall it?" paragraph of the documentation has been updated to explain how to install and launch the Application in particular under Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra:
- Under Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra, if you're launching the Application for the first time, Mac OS' GateKeeper (which you can configure in the "System Preferences") will refuse to launch it because you've not downloaded it from the Mac App Store (but from our website). In this case, instead of double-clicking on it, all you have to do is to right-click on the Application's icon, and then select the "Open" menu. A message will appear in which you'll be able to confirm that you want to launch the Application (even if it was not downloaded from the Mac App Store from an Identified Developer).
- OS X 10.0 or later