Developer website: Desktopecho Inc.
TSclientX is a Remote Desktop Protocol (also known as Windows Terminal Services) client for OS X. It appears to be a native OS X application, but is in fact an assembly of open-source software working in concert to provide functionality similar to Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. Additionally, TSclientX offers an integrated VNC Viewer and SeamlessRDP support. Audio and file redirection for RDPv5 sessions are supported.
What makes TSclientX interesting compared to other Mac RDP Clients?
- SeamlessRDP makes it possible to run individual applications on your Mac rather than a full Windows desktop.
- Multiple instances of TSclientX can be easily started and run concurrently.
- Stability and speed on Intel Macs (and PowerPC Macs for that matter) has been found by many to be superior compared to the official Mac RDP client.
The GUI uses an optimized GTK+ build, specifically compiled for TSclientX. Like most Unix-derived software on the Mac, Apple's X11 is required. There are no other prequisites. It will not interfere with MacPorts or Fink installations already on your system. Please consult the TSclientX Web site or the README.TXT before reporting "Failure to launch" issues, thanks and enjoy!
Note: Although Finder indicates no version number for this application, the developer refers to it as version 2.0.
- Now a Universal Binary
- Added support for Network Level Authentication (NLA)
- OS X 10.4 or later
- Apple X11 (Available on your OS X Install DVD if not already installed)