The goal of FitPlot is simple:
- place various PDFs (or other common graphic formats files such as JPG, TIF, GIF, EPS, PSD, image in the pasteboard) on a virtual plotter sheet;
- Arrange all objects in a WYSIWYG environment moving and rotating them;
- Print the so arranged plotter sheet and eventually save it for later printings.
I know this can be done with blazoned vectorial applications, but here we have a small program that can just do it--nothing less, nothing more.
If your needs are very simple, and only need to import single-page files for layout, you may want to try More...
- New packing / nesting option based on the floor / ceiling bin packing algorithm [inspired to the work "Algorithms for Two-Dimensional Bin Packing and Assignment Problems" by Andrea Lodi].
- The floor / ceiling algorithm could be less efficient in saving space, but it has the advantage to re-arrange the objects aligned on floor / ceiling lines, suitable for image
- OS X 10.7.3 or later