In general I really like this product, but just discovered this nasty bug that was driving me nuts until I figured out what was happening.
Attempting to delete Tag info will delete the clip
how to reproduce:
1) edit a file into multiple clips, you can use the Split function to make create multiple clips (you must have multiple clips, bug doesn't manifest when there is only one clip)
2) select one of the clips so it is highlighted, make sure the Inspector window is open.
3) in the inspector window, select Tags
4) highlight the text in one of the tag fields, for example 'Title' field. There needs to be existing text in the field, if not, then type in some text first, then select some of the text.
5) Press the Delete or Backspace key; the expected behavior since the field has focus and the text is highlighted, the mouse cursor is still in the field, is that the highlighted text in the edit field will be deleted.
6) HOWEVER, pressing the Delete or Backspace at this point ends up deleting the clip you have highlighted.
7) I have found no way to delete text in a tag field without the Delete or Backspace key causing the clip to be deleted.
8) if you suggest, don't highlight the clip, that doesn't help, because you MUST highlight a clip in order for the Inspector window to allow you to edit the Tag info for that clip.
the work around is highlight the text you want to change, don't press Delete or Backspace but just start typing the text you want to replace it with.
Some could argue this is not a bug, but just a question of knowing how the app works, but from a UI interface perspective, the expected, dare I say 'correct' behavior, is that when you have text highlighted in a text field, and it has focus, and your text edit cursor is in that field, the Delete and Backspace key should act on the text in that field. If I click off that field so it no longer has focus, then fine. If nothing else, this is potentially a dangerous behavior, because it causes the deletion of audio data.
Besides that, still really like this app.