Developer website: Mana Games
Tennis Elbow is a tennis game with a fun, realistic gameplay created by tennis fans which are regular ranked players.
Tennis Elbow is the only tennis game that will give you such an impression to be on the court, and will make you feel the emotions of the match with such realism: you will be conquered by the ultra-realistic ball trajectories, the artificial intelligence replicating the players' behaviour with precision, and the complete range of shots and game situations.
Its intuitive gameplay will let you easily control the player and the ball, and even if you're not a tennis fan, you will have a lot of pleasure and fun to run and strike balls all around the court!
Note: When you update to a newer version, you have to transfer the "Profiles" subfolder from your previous TE2013's directory to the new installation folder to keep your saved games ; do not overwrite your current game folder with the new one, else you'll lose your saved games (they might end in the bin, so still in recoverable state, though). Copy over your "Key.Txt" as well. Then launch the game and select your Profile if you had created one.
- World Tour : rankings and career's end wall of fame stats updated to beginning of 2015 (6)
- Gameplay : in some cases, the safe strike done while running forward will lead to a faster and longer ball that can end fault (1)
- Gameplay : racket reach has been slightly increased when running to the sides, to match the run animation that makes the player bends a bit forward
- Gameplay : defender style gets a better shoulder height acceleration, especially when charging long time, but it's still less good than the one of Power Baseliner and Puncher styles
- Gameplay : shoulder height bonus is now also applied to the short acceleration (2)
- Gameplay : short strike and short acceleration precision significantly enhanced when the opponent is at the net (3)
- Gameplay : volley jump reach has been lowered a bit on clay, especially for volleyer style
- Gameplay : volley acceleration and short acceleration difficulty significantly lowered (4)
- Gameplay : strike speed handicap on difficulty ball for the acceleration and short acceleration slightly lowered when the consistency skill is high (5)
- AI : CPU handles better the situation when its opponent does a safe strike following by a net rush
- AI : CPU does slightly better passing shots (i.e.: it tries to aim farther from its opponent)
- AI : CPU covers a bit more its back when running back to the center (and a tiny bit less the opposite side), so it's a bit harder to wrong-foot it
- AI : CPU lobs less often, except if its opponent is very close of the net
- AI : CPU volley quality noticeably raised ; i.e.: its reach isn't better than before, but if it hits the ball, it'll do less faults and better volleys
- Menu : Alt-Tab doesn't create issue anymore
- AI : CPU wasn't stepping in if needed on return of serve, and thus could easily be aced by slow sliced serves
- World Tour: players weren't wearing white/grey for UK Slam
- it's a kind of big change, let me know if it leads to some bad side effects or exploits ; the effect is smaller when reaching for a dropshot, but it can still happen
- although, it might be not much helpful, except in some rare cases on clay, and maybe on some 1H-backhand passing shots
- so now, when you're correctly positioned, the precision of these strikes is the best one (by a very small amount, though), but when mispositioned the normal strike and acceleration usually still produce a better result
- hopefully, that should compensate for the better passing shots
- it means if you hit inside the Danger Zone, you'll get 2 or 3 km/h less slow strikes
- Players' career length hasn't been changed to avoid invalidating your current saved games, so some players still disappear in 2015 ; if you want to play with them, you can easily extend their career before to begin a new career, by Modding the game => topic29-4059.php
- OS X 10.4 or later