Developer website: Freesmug
Portable RSSOwl OS X is the RSSOwl RSS, RDS, Atom newsreader packaged as portable application so you can carry around with you on any portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive,memory card, other portable device (also on your internal hard disk) as long as it has 7 MB of free space and use on any Mac OS X computer, taking all your favorite newsfeeds with you.
How to install
1. Drag "Portable RSSOwl OS X" folder to your portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also to your internal hard disk) as long as it has 7 MB of free space.
2. Clicking "Portable RSSOwl" will open RSSOwl from your portable device, wait a while before RSSOwl start.
3. If a local copy of RSSOwl is running an alert window allow you to quit it.
Using your data- You can copy your user preferences to Portable RSSOwl when "Copy preferences" window asks you. So, if you wish to use your favorite newsfeeds youalready have on your system, just click "Copy" when prompted.
RSSowl application and preference file are inside the bundle: Portable RSSOwl.app/Contents/Resources/app/
RSSOwl is packaged using the Platypus script wrapper.
Support Forum - Post questions, tips, suggestions, clues, helps, bugs to our OS X Portable Applications support forum
- First public release.
- 100% standalone.
- Preference are automatically copied if desired.
- Portable RSSOwl ask to quit RSSOwl copy already running.
- Know issue: generic exec icon in the dock.