SkyORB 3D Lite takes you on a tour of the solar system or the galaxy in this new version. Click "More" to learn why you should download this App today!
You can find an iOS app here
This astronomy program charts the stars, planets, and other celestial objects such as comets and asteroids and lets you navigate through space.
SkyORB features a 3D interface, a search engine, a large catalog of stars (Hyparcos), deep objects (NGC/IC 2000) planets, current satellite (including current launch missions) (MPC) and let you choose see the actual sky from any point on Earth.
This new version includes a redesigned user interface, easier to use with its tool tips, help documentation, access to Facebook community,
- Allows you to fine tune your observation location from the database of by entering longitude and latitude or automatically with Location Services,
- Allows to go back and forth in time with precision using PLAN404 series (accurate from 3000 B.C. to 3000 A.D)
- Information like sunset and sunrise are computed as well as moonrise and moonset and full / new moon dates and automatically generated calendar of upcoming astronomy events.
- 3D planetarium with planets and satellites and 3 different views with 3D objects with different level of details using photo realistic textures and visuals.
- 3D animation of the solar system in real-time or fast forward, with actual facts for each planets.
- 3D sky map with real-time precession with planets, stars, constellations, deep objects, comets and satellites,
- Comets and satellites trajectories which can be updated among 6 different databases including IAU Minor Planet Center.
- Displays the world map sun clock with rise and set.
- Multi-touch trackpad (on some devices) with pinching-to-zoom gesture is supported for zoom-in and out.
- Jovian events with time of transit, eclipses and more
- Universal search engine.
- Weather retrieval base from location.
- Notifications center support.
- Retina display support.
- In-App purchase for upgrading to the Premium version.
- More views unlocked, including ability to hide user interface in planetarium and local view modes,
- Displays more information on moon phases, and more.
- Allows to zoom closer
- More complete search engine,
- Improves notifications.
- And many more other features !
Important information regarding SkyORB
This app officially supported on the following Macs. To check your Mac model and when it was released, select About This Mac from the Apple menu on your menu bar.
- MacBook Pro (mid 2012 and newer)
- MacBook Air (mid 2012 and newer)
- MacBook (early 2015 and later)
- iMac (2014 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017 or newer)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 or newer, or mid 2010 and mid 2012 models with Metal capable GPU)
- Mac Mini (late 2012 or newer)
Note: While the software is classified as free, it offers in-App Purchases.
Premium Version $2.99
1-year Premium Subscription $1.99