Cocoa IRC client for Mac OS X packaged as portable application so you can carry around with you on any portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also on your internal hard disk) as long as it has 2 MB of free space and use on any Mac OS X computer, taking your IRC servers, channels list and saved transcrip with you.
How to install
- Drag "Portable Newspeak" folder to your portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also to your internal hard disk) as long as it has 2MB of free space.
- Clicking "Portable Newspeak" will open Newspeak from your portable device, wait a while before Newspeak start.
- If a local copy of Newspeak is running an alert window allow you to quit it.
Using your data
- You can copy your IRC servers, channels list and saved transcript to Portable Newspeak when "Copy preferences" window ask you. So, if you wish to use your IRC servers, channels list, saved transcript and preferences you already have on your system, just click "Yes" when prompt.
- Newspeak application and preference file are inside the bundle: Portable - Newspeak.app/Contents/Resources/app/
- Newspeak chat transcript files are in: /Portable Newspeak/Newspeak Transcript folder
- Portable Newspeak.app is packaged using the from Platypus script wrapper
Support Forum: Post questions, tips, suggestions, clues, helps, bugs to our OS X Portable Applications support forum
- First public release.
- 100% standalone.
- Portable Newspeak is wrapped on application package with Platypus.
- Preference are automatically copied if desired.
- Portable Newspeak ask to quit Newspeak copy already running.