Developer website: mediawiki.org
MediaWiki is the collaborative editing software that runs Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and other projects. It's designed to handle a large number of users and pages without imposing too rigid a structure or workflow. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- A new installer has been introduced. It has a wizard-style interface which is translated into many languages. Many shortcomings in the old installer were addressed with this rewrite. Note that it is no longer required for the config directory to be made writable by the webserver. Instead the generated LocalSettings.php file is offered as a download, which you must then upload to the wiki's base directory.
- Category sorting has been improved.
- Sorting is now case insensitive.
- Sub-categories, pages and files can now be paged separately.
- When several pages are given the same sort key, they sort by their names instead of randomly.
- The lowest supported version of PHP is now 5.2.3. If necessary, please upgrade PHP prior to upgrading MediaWiki.
- Mac OS X 10.0 or later