Golly is an open source, cross-platform Game of Life simulator currently under development by Andrew Trevorrow and Tomas Rokicki. Our goal is to write a world-class Life simulator, solicit ideas and help from the planet's best Life hackers, and share some of our excitement.
- Unbounded universe (limited only by memory).
- Fast, memory-efficient conventional algorithm.
- Super fast hashing algorithm for highly regular patterns.
- Responsive even while generating or garbage collecting.
- Reads RLE, Life 1.05/1.06, and macrocell formats.
- Can paste in patterns from the clipboard.
- Auto fit option keeps patterns sized to the window.
- Full screen option (no menu/status/tool/scroll bars).
- Built-in HTML help system (thanks to wxWidgets).
Online program help is available here.