Grady Profile is software with two purposes:
- It helps classroom teachers (preK - college) manage the assessment models for performance assessment, authentic assessment, project-based, standards-based assessment, collaborative and cooperative learning and portfolios.
- It is a learning tool for students and teachers (we assume teachers are learners, too) because it asks them to think about their work, assess it honestly, reflect on it and connect it to their previous and future learning experiences.
Grady Profile offers these benefits:
- It saves teacher time and classroom space in managing portfolio materials.
- It organizes portfolios electronically with dates and titles so you can
find specific items easily.
- It lets you collect examples of student work in digital format:
- Sounds — music, foreign language,
speaking, ESL, LEP, interviews, role-playing…
- Oral Reading — a special type of
sound recording that combines the reading with the material being read
- Graphics — writing, drawing,
diagrams, graphs, digital photos…
- Video — presentations, 3D art,
performing arts, group work…
- Text — imported from a word
processor or manually entered
- External Files — work from any
program students use
- Web Pages — for student-generated
- It lets you compare samples of a student's work over time to assess progress.
- It provides a place for students to self-assess and reflect on their work.
- It allows you to record student progress against classroom, school, district,
or national benchmarks.
- It includes tools to help you customize the content and structure of your
students profiles to match your curriculum.
- It generates reports in several formats.