is a companion application to the Color Picker built into the Mac OS. ColorDeveloper allows software developers to work directly with the floating-point RGBA color values that are used in Quartz programming on Mac OS X.
ColorDeveloper has several advantages to using the Color Picker alone:
- ColorDeveloper can open multiple windows for comparing/tweaking similar colors
- ColorDeveloper works directly with the floating-point RGBA values that are required by Core Graphics APIs
- ColorDeveloper previews Alpha channel blends of the current color over a user-definable sample image
- ColorDeveloper integrates with the Color Picker for two-way selection and editing of colors system-wide
- ColorDeveloper can save the color values to an XML file that can be shared with other team members or archived with the project